Thank you for taking the time to find out more about donating your sperm. You have the opportunity to help another couple or woman to start a family.
A GENUINE NEED
There is currently a severe shortage of donor sperm, yet the number of couples requesting a sperm donor is on the increase. For a small amount of your time you are able to make someone’s dreams become a reality. You will have no financial or legal responsibility to any child conceived through the use of your donated sperm.
WHY ARE SPERM DONORS NEEDED?
There are many reasons people need to use donor sperm:
- For male infertility problems, where the male partner has no sperm or poor quality sperm which has failed to achieve a pregnancy.
- For genetic disorders where the male partner carries a gene defect which can be passed down to offspring
- For women in same sex relationships and single women to achieve a pregnancy
WHO CAN DONATE?
You need to be:
- 21 – 45 years old
- Non smoker
- BMI <35
- Good sperm count (we will test this for you)
- Comfortable to be identified if a child born from your donation wants more information once they turn 18 years old
- Tertiary education preferred (TAFE or University)
- No history of hereditary disease
- No history of severe mental illness
WILL I GET PAID?
It is illegal in Australia to pay a donor to give their sperm to a clinic. However, you will be reimbursed for reasonable expenses to cover things such as travel expenses.